The Librarians' and Archivists' Committee is a Standing Committee of CAUT Council with responsibility for:
- Representing the interests of librarians and archivists to Council and to the CAUT membership at large.
- Making recommendations to Council on matters with which it is concerned.
- Acting as advocate for the academic librarian and archivist and for the well-being of academic librarianship and archival practice.
Members of the committee
- Kate Cushon (University of Regina Faculty Association), Chair
- Jennifer Dekker (Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa)
- Cecile Farnum (Ryerson Faculty Association)
- Kristin Hoffmann (University of Western Ontario Faculty Association)
- Jane Lamothe (University of Saskatchewan Faculty Association)
- Daniel Scott (Laurentian University Faculty Association)
- Harriett Sonne de Torrens (University of Toronto Faculty Association)
- Nikki Tummon (McGill University Faculty Association)
- Katherine Watmough (Thompson Rivers University Faculty Association – FPSE BC)
- Caroline Lachance (Research Officer)
The President is an ex officio (voting) member and the Executive Director is an ex officio (non-voting) member of all CAUT Standing Committees.
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Policy on CAUTLib Listserv
- CAUT letter - Update of Core Competencies for the 21st Century CARL Librarians (February 2020)
- Standing Committees – Nomination Form
- Open Educational Resources
- Reframing Scholarly Communications
- Librarians' Workload
- Library Councils
- Governance and Librarians
- Expanding Role of Teaching by Librarians in Post-Secondary Institutions
- Aboriginal and Visible/Racial Minority Librarians