Terms of Reference
1) Examine allegations within the Faculty of Arts of Laurentian University of:
- Improper procedural practices and restrictions on academic freedom;
- Disregard of collegial decision-making;
- Irregular hiring procedures;
- Inappropriate interference in workload assignments;
- Restrictions on faculty access to the departmental office;
- Failure to maintain appropriate faculty complement;
- Failure to provide particulars in disciplinary investigations;
- Breach of privacy;
- Improper changes to grades; and
- Interference in teaching methods and styles.
2) Consider other issues that may arise in the course of its investigation;
3) Make appropriate recommendations.
- Dr. Sheila Embleton, FRSC, Distinguished Research Professor of Linguistics, Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, York University
- Professor Eric Tucker, Osgoode Hall Law School; Distinguished Scholar in Residence, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University