Support for censure
Here are examples of actions taken in support of censure. If you have one to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amnesty International suspends ties with UoT law program (May 19, 2021)
- Letter from Amnesty International (May 18, 2021)
- For more information on actions: See https://censureuoft.ca/events-cancelled/ and follow @CAUT_ACPPU, @censureutoronto and @AltIhrp on Twitter.
- Letter from Faculty of Law Professors to President Gertler on the Cromwell Report and President’s Response to the Report on March 29; President’s Response to the letter (April 20, 2021)
- Joint Letter to U of T: Reject Censorship on Palestine, Hire Dr. Azarova (April 21, 2021)
- Professor Kent Roach’s Resignation Letter as Faculty Chair of the Advisory Group for David Asper Centre for Constitutional Rights (April 23, 2021)
- Letter from Butterfly (Asian and Migrant Sex Workers Support Network) to President Gertler and Dean Brunnée (April 23, 2021)
- Request from Black intellectuals and students asking Michaëlle Jean to respect censure of the University of Toronto (May 3, 2021)
- University of Toronto Law Union Statement of Support for CAUT Censure (May 5, 2021)
- The Shift’s Letter to President Gertler and Dean Brunnée (May 5, 2021)
- HIV Legal Network’s Letter to President Gertler and Dean Brunnée (May 6, 2021)
- Letter from National Lawyers Guild (undated)
- Rights Review Magazine Editorial Comments on the IHRP’s Future (undated)
- Indigenous Education Network Response to CAUT Censure of University of Toronto (undated)