The Equity Committee is a standing committee of Council. The role of the committee is to make recommendations to CAUT Council and Executive Committee on policy matters and activities in relation to equity in post-secondary education.
Meetings of the Equity Committee are chaired by 2 co-chairs who are elected by CAUT Council and serve as members of the CAUT Executive Committee.
Members of the Equity Committee
- Pat Armstrong (York University Faculty Association) - Co-Chair
- Wesley Crichlow (University of Ontario Institute of Technology Faculty Association) - Co-Chair
- Aboriginal Academic Staff
- Zaa Joseph (British Columbia Institute of Technology Staff & Faculty Association)
- Sharon McIver (Nicola Valley/Federation of Post-Secondary Educators)
- Academic Staff with Disabilities
- Cathy Chovaz (King's University College Faculty Association)
- Margot Kaszap (Syndicat des professeurs et professeures de l'Université Laval)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgendered, Queer and 2-Spirited Academic Staff
- Nola Etkin (University of Prince Edward Island Faculty Association)
- Johanne Quirk (Capilano/Federation of Post-Secondary Educators)
- Racialized Academic Staff
- Ken Ko (Queen's University Faculty Association)
- Glenda Tibe Bonifacio (Lethbridge University Faculty Association)
- Women Academic Staff
- Petra Rohrbach (McGill Association of University Teachers)
- Susan Spronk (Association fo Professors of the University of Ottawa)
- Rosa Barker (Equity Officer, CAUT)
The president is an ex-officio (voting) member and the executive director is an ex-officio (non-voting) member of all standing committees.