The Equity Committee is a standing committee of Council. The role of the committee is to make recommendations to CAUT Council and Executive Committee on policy matters and activities in relation to equity in post-secondary education.
Meetings of the Equity Committee are chaired by 2 co-chairs who are elected by CAUT Council and serve as members of the CAUT Executive Committee.
Members of the Equity Committee
- Pat Armstrong (York University Faculty Association) - Co-Chair
- Momin Rahman (Trent University Faculty Association) - Co-Chair
- Aboriginal Academic Staff
- Zaa Joseph (British Columbia Institute of Technology Staff & Faculty Association)
- Jacqueline Romanow (University of Winnipeg Faculty Association)
- Academic Staff with Disabilities
- Gillian Axten (Ontario Public Service Employees Union)
- Victoria Wyatt (University of Victoria Faculty Association)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Trans, Queer and 2-Spirited Academic Staff
- Marvin Claybourn (St. Thomas University Faculty Association)
- Kenzie Woodbridge (British Columbia Institute of Technology Staff & Faculty Association)
- Racialized Academic Staff
- Rohini Bannerjee (St. Mary's University Faculty Association)
- Samira Belyazid (Association des bibliothécaires, professeures et professeurs de l’Université de Moncton à Edmundston)
- Women Academic Staff
- Petra Rohrbach (McGill Association of University Teachers)
- Susan Spronk (Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa)
- Pam Foster (Director, Policy and Communications)
The president is an ex-officio (voting) member and the executive director is an ex-officio (non-voting) member of all standing committees.