The Academic Freedom and Tenure Committee is a Standing Committee of CAUT Council with responsibility for:
- Dealing, on behalf of the Association, with appeals made to it by individual faculty members who consider that their professional rights have been infringed.
- Making recommendations to Council on policy matters relating to academic freedom and tenure, grievances and discrimination, as well as policy matters arising from the Committee's consideration of academic rights issues.
Members of the committee
- Peter McInnis (St. Francis Xavier Association of University Teachers), Chair
- Carrie Dawson (Dalhousie Faculty Association)
- Gillian Dearle (Kwantlen Faculty Association/Federation of Post-Secondary Educators)
- Brendan Gillon (McGill Association of University Teachers)
- Robert Hackett (Simon Fraser University Faculty Association)
- Alison Hearn (University of Western Ontario Faculty Association)
- Marc Mac Lean (University of British Columbia Faculty Association)
- Roberta Lexier (Mount Royal Faculty Association)
- Susan Srigley (Nippissing University Faculty Association)
- Paul Jones (Professional Officer, CAUT)
The President is an ex-officio voting member of the Committee. The Vice-President and the Executive Director are additional non-voting members of the Committee.