Representing your members when they file a grievance against the employer is a key function of your association.
In this course, participants will:
- Situate the right to grieve in a historical context.
- Distinguish a grievance from a complaint.
- Identify different types of grievances.
- Explore the legislative and contractual framework underlying the grievance arbitration process.
- Define the components of the grievance officer's job.
- Write a basic grievance and negotiate a grievance settlement.
Together with colleagues from across Canada, participants will complete:
- One online module from November 15-19
- One four-hour webinar on November 18
- This session will take place on Zoom from 12 to 4pm ET
To register, please complete the online registration form, before November 10th, 2021. Details for accessing the video conference will follow.
The webinar will be conducted in English and French with simultaneous interpretation.
If you have any questions on any of the Fall 2021 Courses, please contact Dwayne Hodgson, Education Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 820-2270 x178.