Your collective agreement outlines the rights of your association’s members and the responsibilities of the employer. But negotiating an effective collective agreement requires preparation and practice. In this 1-week course, you will explore:
- Bargaining terms and concepts;
- Your province’s legal framework;
- How to build relationships and communicate effectively with your members;
- Power Mapping;
- Developing a Bargaining Mandate;
- Preparing proposals and bargaining protocols; and
- Managing the table and staying organized during bargaining – whether in-person or online.
As part of this course, participants will complete:
- One online module from November 1-5
- Two three-hour webinars on November 4 and 5
- Sessions will take place on Zoom from 12 to 3pm ET
Following the completion of this course, a follow-up strategy session will be scheduled for your association with one of CAUT’s Collective Bargaining Officers to address campus specific concerns and issues.
To register, please complete the online registration form, before October 29th, 2021. Details for accessing the video conference will follow.
The webinar will be conducted in English and French with simultaneous interpretation.
If you have any questions on any of the Fall 2021 Courses, please contact Dwayne Hodgson, Education Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 820-2270 x178.