Academic Freedom and Tenure Committee
The Academic Freedom and Tenure Committee is a Standing Committee of CAUT Council with responsibility for:
- Dealing, on behalf of the Association, with appeals made to it by individual faculty members who consider that their professional rights have been infringed.
- Making recommendations to Council on policy matters relating to academic freedom and tenure, grievances and discrimination, as well as policy matters arising from the Committee's consideration of academic rights issues.
Members of the committee
- Peter McInnis (St. Francis Xavier Association of University Teachers), Chair
- Carrie Dawson (Dalhousie Faculty Association)
- Brendan Gillon (McGill Association of University Teachers)
- Robert Hackett (Simon Fraser University Faculty Association)
- Bernie Hammond (King's University College Faculty Association)
- Alison Hearn (University of Western Ontario Faculty Association)
- Elizabeth Hodgson (University of British Columbia Faculty Association)
- Roberta Lexier (Mount Royal Faculty Association)
- Penni Stewart (York University Faculty Association)
- Angela Regnier (Professional Officer, CAUT)
The President is an ex-officio voting member of the Committee. The Vice-President and the Executive Director are additional non-voting members of the Committee.